Sunday, January 9, 2011

Carnegie Museum - Part 1

The Carnegie Museum in Pittsburgh is the best!  I don't know why it took us so long to get there.  The exhibits, from art to sculpture to rocks to bugs to dinosaurs to Eskimos, Indians and ancient Egyptions is totally mind expanding.  If you ever have nothing to do, go to this museum and browse.

Meanwhile, I've decided that I'm not leaving tomorrow.  Even though the weather is beautiful here - clear and cold with safe highways - I'm afraid of the ice that they are predicting for North and South Carolina tomorrow.  My nightmare is being stuck in the car with Jubilee, and having to wait there for hours until the ice melts.  By the time the ice storm in the South clears (Tuesday) the storm will have moved up here.

I'm just going to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. Good you are being so cautious. It is a weird winter.

    I just love museums! The Carnegie looks like a great one. What did you enjoy most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to say what I liked best, Barbara - maybe the rocks! If I have time today, I might write more about it. Maybe it was the sheer breadth of this museum that impressed me the most. Everything together. It was all fascinating, and left me in awe of the complexity/simplicity and beauty of life on earth.

    ReplyDelete