Friday, January 21, 2011

A quick update

My local Starbuck's is closed for "water testing", I haven't been able to get over to the library, and the neighbor who had an unsecured wireless network must've figured out that I was tapping into it.  So I'm at the local Panera's now, quickly paying the bills and hopefully catching up.  Believe it or not, it's not easy to adjust to the weather change, and missing John.  Even Jubilee is out of sorts.

Anyway, here are some photos from the backyard.



Here are some scenes from one of my days.  This is just over the north bridge to Palm Beach.  Pretty trees, pretty sky.


Making my way down the high hedged road to Judy’s house ...

And Judy’s beauganvalia (not sure how to spell it) which is thriving around her garage door.  I’ve watched it grow from just a few little branches.  It’s an unusual color for beauganvalia- not the usual pink, but an orange-pink.

 On the way back to the mainland I caught the bridge and was amused as the girl in front of me got out of her car and took her dogs for a walk!  This is the sort of thing that happens in Palm Beach.




2 comments:

  1. She parked her car in the middle of a bridge? That's allowed? It looks like Quebec is not the only place with creative drivers!

    Do you feel a bit nauseous in the warm climate? I used to feel that way when I went south to NYC for Christmas. That crisp freshness is gone from the air. But so is the icy rain ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was a drawbridge, Barbara, and the bridge was up. A lot of people turn off their cars as they wait for the boats to go through, but I've never seen someone get out and take the dogs for a walk!

    It's actually "clammy" here. There is much humidity in the air. It's not really hot. But I have to get used to sweating again. I did love the thrill of the cold in PA. People don't believe me when I tell them that if you dress right, it wasn't that bad. Seriously, though, because of the humidity, 40 degrees is quite cold in Florida.

    ReplyDelete