Sunday, August 8, 2010

Erie

Coming over the hills of Western PA I kept getting views of the great blue expanse of Lake Erie.  I had a yen to see the lake up close.  When I stopped near Erie, I asked the girls at the counter how I could get over to the Lake.  They directed me down State Street, and I found myself at a place called "Bayfront".  I really wasn't directly on the lake, but in a harbor.  There is an island (or peninsula) - Presque Isle - that separates the harbor water from the larger lake.  There were water taxis that could take you out to places on the Isle, which is something that I think we should do sometime.

This is looking back toward the town of Erie ...

2 comments:

  1. I worked with a woman in the Post Office who lived in Erie (also popular with the Harley crowd) - a hell of place in the winter months....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to wonder what winter will be like ... (you mean the Erie is popular with the Harley crowd, right?)

    ReplyDelete