Thursday, August 12, 2010

thunderstorm

There was a thunderstorm last night.  I lay there and listened to the sharp, high pitched thunder.   So different from Florida, where there is distant deep rumbling as the storm approaches, and then a lower cracking sound when it is overhead.  It must be the humidity, and perhaps the ocean, that makes the difference in resonance.

Today is moving day.  Lots of things have to happen at 9 am: I have to be out of the old apartment, I have to have a walk-through of the new apartment (and the person who has to walk me through has another appointment), and some rental furniture is to be delivered.  I'm not sure how all this is going to come together, but I better get going if I'm going to get a video tour of the new place up by the end of the day.

1 comment: