Sunday, August 8, 2010

St. Bonaventure University - The Regina A. Quick Center for the Arts

What I did find open on the St. Bonaventure campus was The Regina A. Quick Center for the Arts.  Well, at least the door was open, no one was there but me.

What a treat!  Again, the art felt very Franciscan to me.  I love this rendition of Francis:

and another painting along the same lines ...

There were mosaics ...

and fun stuff ...

Upstairs I found a photo exhibit of the Allegheny River, which starts as a trickle in northwestern PA and then flows into New York State for a bit before heading down to Pittsburgh and joining the Monongahela to form the Ohio River.

This was on an outside wall of the Center for the Arts.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it reminded me of Florence, or Venice? (I'm sure that there's a big difference between the two, but there was a playfulness in just about everything except one or two paintings.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Sally. I had fun taking them.

    ReplyDelete