Sunday, August 8, 2010

St. Bonaventure Cemetery

I must have been crazy to think that I could go to the St. Bonaventure cemetery and find Lax's grave without any directions.  What was I thinking?  And on a Saturday in the middle of the summer when I could find no one who even knew who Lax was.  I don't expect that Lax would have a big, flashy stone, being who and how he was.
Anyway, Olean is not far from Wellsville, and I pass the exit for St. Bonaventure every time I go to Wellsville.  Next time I will remember to get directions.  It is a lovely cemetery, on a hill overlooking St. Bonaventure University.  The motherhouse of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegheny is also here - my sister worked as an administrator of the nursing home for awhile.

St. Bonaventure's is really in the village of Allegany, which is to the west of Olean.  This is how it looked on Saturday morning as I drove through the town.  Still foggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment