Thursday, August 5, 2010

Genesee Riverwalk

I found out that I could walk a bridge across the Genesee River to the University of Rochester.  Whenever I am on a college campus I reminisce about college days.  Perhaps everyone does this.  I think that I was born about 20 years too soon.  When I was in college we didn't use bikes, have computers (or even calculators), and I don't remember anyone using a backpack.  All that was just around the corner.  I think everyone, at the age of 50+, should be offered the chance to go back to a university for 2 years to study whatever they want.

5 comments:

  1. Thought that might be the U of R across the river from your hotel. I have recollections of a beautiful campus adjoining water. RIT, where I taught, always looked to me like a medieval town. Dry as a bone, geographically speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the dome (or whatever it is) from here, Barbara. A beautiful campus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, my sister has been on my computer checking her email. That comment above (and this one) is from me. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't ya going to the Abbey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean the Trappist Abby of the Genesee, right? Nope, I've been to the Trappist Monastery of Gethsemane so many times I'm of the opinion that if you've seen one, you've seen them all!

    ReplyDelete